Deviant since Sep 28, 2011 | Premium Member until Aug 4, 2015
This is the place where you can personalize your profile!
By moving, adding and personalizing widgets.
You can drag and drop to rearrange.
You can edit widgets to customize them.
The bottom has widgets you can add!
Some widgets you can only access when you get a premium membership.
Some widgets have options that are only available when you get a premium membership.
We've split the page into zones!
Certain widgets can only be added to certain zones.
"Why," you ask? Because we want profile pages to have freedom of customization, but also to have some consistency. This way, when anyone visits a deviant, they know they can always find the art in the top left, and personal info in the top right.
Don't forget, restraints can bring out the creativity in you!
Now go forth and astound us all with your devious profiles!
Our lives go by so fast and the time for what we really want to do is limited. So, how to wisely value our time, how to make the best of every single day and keep on creating?
Here are some of my thoughts about the topic and I hope that they might be helpful.
1. Priorities Sort what are the most important things you need to do as soon as possible and start with that. Make a list with what needs to be done and sort them by how necessary it is to do them, how much time it will aproximately take and how the result could impact your life. We have to make constant sacrifices in order to achieve our goals - instead of watching that useless youtube video, instead of checking e-mail and social media sites all the time, instead of whining that there is no time, but actually using what we have - everyone of us have 24h in a day, the difference between those who don't achieve anything and those who make great things and are succesfull, is that they know their priorities, their dreams and work every single day.
2. Feeling overwhelmed Nowadays It's not easy to manage our everyday lives, as there is so much to do for every one of us - school, work, other things and responsibilities. We have to make decisions constanly in order to not procrastinate and plan our days accordingly to our needs. Sometimes we tend to feel overwhelmed, and it frequently leads to avoiding the problems and doing random stuff and wasting our time. If it happens - take a break. Step away from everything. (would suggest to change the environment by going outside, breathing some fresh air). Think before you act. Think about what makes you feel anxious. Perhaps, you know that you should be doing something more important instead. Perhaps, you want to do so many things and when you do one, you have regrets about everything else. Perhaps, you can't decide what exactly to do, what to focus on and then you feel helpless and sad, because it just feels that you haven't done anything productive. You have to remember that you're not the only one who deals with such everyday struggle, ask for advice if you need it, communicate with others, read/listen to how other artists deal with these problems and remember that you have to stay calm and face your fears and struggles, and that "running away" and "delaying till the last moment" never helps.
3. Family and school There are some things that you just have to cope with. If you are still studying in school - you have so much free time (it of course depends where and what you study). If studying for the test/exam the night before somehow worked before it may not happen in future life. If you complain that you don't have time because of school or family - then you are just blaming them, instead of managing your time properly. Try to find balance, structure your time, plan when you need to. Talk with your family - try to find ways to spend time on your passion and time with them.
4. Making decisions Which decisions help you to become a better artist, a better person? What will matter after 5, 10 years? I tend to be so indecisive, but I have to remind myself that I have to make choices and then to be okay with the consequences. Sometimes the drawing just doesn't work out and we have to start over again. Sometimes we fail, but we learn so much in the process. And it takes time... and sometimes we have to challenge ourselves - getting away from comfort zone, but not leaving it completely. So often we don't do something just because we are afraid that it won't be successful, that noone will like it.. but you know - if you stay true to yourself and keep doing what you love with that inner drive and dedication, taking risks and pushing your boundaries, you will be suprised of what you're able to achieve. (The answers to indecision are always in the action of drawing/painting)
5. Knowing the value of time Somehow it's easy to forget that our lives are so fragile. That only when live hits us really damn hard - by having health issues (or near death experience), or when a relative, friend or pet dies. It changes you. It makes you to realize that we never know when our time comes, that every single day we should be glad that we are alive and aprecciate it. We tend to tell ourselves that after some time we will life our life to the fullest - that when all those great things will happen, only then we'll reach the happiness that we always wanted. But you know.. as you read this.. you are alive and able to make so many amazing things. You have everything you need to do that, now, at this very moment. You don't have to experience something awful in order to realize that you are in charge of your own life and that tomorrow isn't guaranteed. You, and only you can do the best of every single day of your life and realize that you can't change past, but with today's actions make your tomorrows even better.
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain." (Vivian Greene)
So, how about you - what are your thoughts about value of time?
"Everybody has this guilt complex that they’re no good, that they’re not talented, that they’re useless, that there’s something wrong with them. It’s not true. There’s nothing wrong with any of you out there, there’s nothing wrong with you. You shouldn’t feel guilty about wanting. People will repress themselves from even allowing themselves to want…. At least allow yourselves to want."
Favorite movies500 days of Summer, Cloud AtlasFavorite TV showsSupernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Hannibal, the Big Bang Theory, New Girl etc. Favorite bands / musical artistsBen Howard, Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, Bon Iver